Surrounded by Bhutan, Nepal, and Tibet is the beautiful state of Sikkim. This is really surprising to know that this state has 28 mountain peaks and 5 hot springs which are well-known for medical values.
If you are looking for some adventure then this is the best place to visit. Here are some of the adventurous activities that one may try out here:
- The first one that deserves mention in this list is River Rafting in one of the Major Rivers of the place and the lifeline of the local people, Teesta. Whether you know swimming or not, no worries! Everyone can enjoy rafting, as there are expert rafters to guide you and save you in case of accidents. The best time for this activity is between December to June.
- If you love biking then Mountain Biking and Cycling will take your thrill to the next level. The perfect time for biking is between April to May and may be mid of September and October. The best path is from Gangtok to Rangpo via Pelling. The beauty of the snow-covered mountain and the amazing natural beauty is purely rejuvenating.
- Does the thought of flying like a bird excite you? Then Paragliding is another activity which you have to try. There are trained professionals who will be with you or you can rent and fly on your own. It is best enjoyed during the month of March to June or between September and November. It is done in Gangtok, the capital of Sikkim. If the idea of natural rock climbing excites you then you should definitely visit Buibulay Dara in Gangtok, the best place for Rock Climbing. It is all about physical strength and balancing ability. The climbing can be done at the altitude range of 20 feet to 80 feet. The maximum age limit is upto 50 years.
- No justice will be done if you visit Sikkim and don’t go for Trekking. People from different places gather here for Trekking. There are a number of paths to trek, like the Sandakphu Trek, at a height of about 3,636 meters whose surrounding view will mesmerise you. Then there is Green Lake Trek, the trekking path which is famous for its natural beauty and beautiful high peaks. Another most famous path is the Kanchenjunga Trek. At an altitude of 8,586 meters you will get the clearest view of the mighty mountain Kanchenjunga.
- Not to forget the Bungee Jumping at Singshore Bridge; it is located in Uttarey Village, 5 km from Pelling. This is a new activity but it is fast attracting the attention of the tourists. This bridge connects two mountains. There are experts to guide and help. You can enjoy Bungee Jumping all through the year!
These form only a small list of things which you can enjoy in Sikkim but believe me there are a lot more to do! This is one of the states you cannot miss visiting in India not only for its natural beauty but also for these adventurous activity.