One of the biggest unsolved mystery of modern age is the Bermuda Triangle which is also known as Devil’s Triangle. The triangular shaped area located in the North Atlantic Ocean from Bermuda Island to Miami, USA and Puerto Rico has always been a mystery. Many people, boats, planes and ships have disappeared inside this triangle and the reason for their disappearance is everything from scientific to a myth.
Here are shocking facts about the Bermuda Triangle.
- It is not small. In fact, it is very large and covers an area of 440,000 miles of the sea.
- It is not fixed into the specific area, its effect can be felt outside the area as well.
- The disappearance is due to UFO’s as well as alien activity and other natural, technical and geographical reasons.
- Every time a ship or plane disappear in the Triangle, the debris cannot be located. This is because the Gulf Stream runs near the triangle and it gets rid of the debris in no time.
- More than 1000 lives have been lost in the last 100 years. About 4 planes and 20 yachts go missing each year.
- The US Government has AUTEC for Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center that is located on the Andros Island of Bahamas. This is where the US tests its submarines, weapons and sonar. A lot of people believe that it is more than a testing center.
- People have also experienced electronic fog in the triangle which could also be a Time Travel Tunnel. There was a claim by Pilot Bruce Gernon that he lost 28 minutes after flying through a time warping cloud tunnel. The plane went missing and reemerged in Miami Beach.
- The biggest loss of US Military occurred in 1945 where five US Navy Avenger bombers flew from Fort Lauderdale to the island of Bimini and the mission had 14 men. Within 90 minutes, the radio operator received a signal that was compass was not working and all communication was lost. The bombers were not found and the planes that went looking for them also disappeared.
- Christopher Columbus was the first person to report about the Bermuda Triangle. He stated that the ship’s compass stopped working and he could see a fireball in the sky.
- It is also one of the rare places on earth where the compass does not point to the North. Instead, it points towards the true north that creates confusion to planes and ships which is why they lost their course.