Goa attracts thousands of tourists each year to its stunning beaches and vibrant nightlife. Goa is divided into North Goa and South Goa and both areas are lined with multiple resorts as well as budget accommodation. When in Goa, you can find an accommodation for as low as INR 200 per night to as high as INR 20,000 per night. A lot of tourists prefer North Goa for the hippie market, nightlife and the delicious food. While South Goa offers peace and private beaches, North Goa is about the golden beaches, nightlife and making every minute count. You can choose a beach shack for your holiday or head to one of the luxury resort in the area.
Baga and Calangute beaches are famous in the region in addition to the Anjuna beach which attracts tourists to the flea markets. There are other beaches including Vagator, Morjim, Ashwem which are famous for accommodation. There are also a few attractions in North Goa.
Here are the top five places to stay in North Goa
- Marriot Resort and Spa: The five-star property by the Marriot group is located in Panaji and offers excellent accommodation. There is a famous Casino located at a close distance. The hotel remains crowded from October to march and offers spacious rooms with amenities. It has three restaurants which serves national and international cuisines.
- Taj Vivanta: Considered as the best resort in North Goa, it is located on the Sinquerim beach and offers a stunning view of the sea. The hotel offers premium luxury and charming cottages. There are a number of amenities, spacious rooms and a spa that offers Ayurvedic massages for rejuvenation. You can choose from the expensive sea facing stand alone villas or the cottages. They have comfortable and impressive interiors with a lawn or a balcony. The hotel remains occupied between October to March and it has two restaurants offering national and international cuisines.
- Grand Hyatt: Located in the Bambolim Bay, the property is only 7 km from Panaji and offers the impeccable view of the tropical gardens and the beaches. The luxury hotel offers a number of things to do. You can stay indoors and play the indoor games available there or spend relaxing time at the spa. You could also indulge in activities like Jet Ski, banana ride or a bumper boat. You can choose from a standard room to a suite which are clean and spacious. There are three fine dining restaurants and a lounge which is a must visit.
- The Park: The sea facing property is right on Calangute beach which is one of the best beaches in North Goa. The best feature about the hotel is the open aired lounge overlooking the sea where guests can spend cosy time sipping their favourite drinks. You can also rent out your personal cabana by the pool and enjoy the stay. This is one of the best places to stay in North Goa and has excellent service.
- Vivanta By Taj-Fort Aguada: Another one of the exceptional properties by Taj, it needs no introduction. Located on the Sinquerim beach on Candolim, it offers various staying options including rooms, cottages and villas. They have an open area where you can enjoy games with your family. The restaurant-Morisco is known for the best seafood. There are two other restaurants that offer multi cuisines.
On your next holiday to Goa, treat yourself to luxury with a comfortable stay at one of the top five resorts in Goa and in the country.