“Every time I stand before a beautiful beach, its waves seem to whisper to me: If you choose the simple things and find joy in nature’s simple treasures, life and living need not be so hard.” – Roxas-Mendoza
A beach is often preferred as a perfect holiday spot for many people. It is calm, serene and most importantly nothing like your routine life. Away from the phone calls and the hectic schedule, pretty lazy times on the beaches are the best. Here is a list of the best beaches to travel across the world.
1. Makena Beach – Maui, Hawaii: Often referred to as “The Big beech”, this photogenic beauty is a mile and a half stretch of golden sand. It offers an absolutely astonishing view of the Kahoolawe island and the Molokini Crater. It is considered as the island’s best beach as people can go for a swim or just lay back and enjoy their picnics. It is a more beautiful and less crowded alternative to beaches in Kaanapali and Lahaina. It is located in the south of Wailea.
2. Maya Bay Beach – Koh Phi Phi Leh, Thailand: The whole bay is one big reef with crystal clear water and silky soft white sand. It is surrounded by 100 meter high cliffs on three sides. Between April and November is considered as one of the best times to visit the bay. The bay became a tourist attraction after Leonardo DiCaprio movie The Beach was shot here. Even though it is beautiful, it isn’t really secluded it is usually crowded with people visiting the bay most of the time. Try reaching there early morning, and you might just enjoy its beauty without it being crowded.
3. Santa Monica Beach – Santa Monica, California: Located in downtown California, it is an iconic beach in South California. Stretching for about 3.5 kilometers, it has popular hotels, shops, and restaurants within walking distance. It is mainly famous for surfing, paddle boarding, The Santa Monica Pier, International Chess Park, and Carousel Park. Summertime is the most popular time to visit Santa Monica Beach.
4. Camps Bay Beach – Cape Town, South Africa: Located between Bakoven and fashionable Clifton, Camps Bay Beach is overlooked by millionaire’s mansions, serene sunsets, and glossy skylines. Peak season here is From December to February, Victoria Marine Drive is crowded with tourists in search of some sun. there is a natural tidal pool just so that you can cool off that temperature rise. The slopes around this beach are full of over expensive houses. Enjoying the nice food and drinks at the west facing bars and restaurants are a must as they give you a beautiful view.
5. Whitehaven Beach – Queensland, Australia: The four and a half mile stretch of white silica sand in Whitsunday islands of Queensland is world’s top eco-friendly beach. it is washed by swirls of turquoise, blue and green water. It is famous for snorkeling adventures and Cruise Whitsundays Picnic. You could even sail to Great Barrier Reef or play a round of golf on one of Australia’s premier courses or just relax at the spa. It is solely accessible by boats or helicopters and the view of the jungle backed beach is what you will definitely want to capture. It is even near to Airlie Beach which is a festive holiday town in Queensland with activities like sea kayaking and parasailing.