Summer has arrived and it time to plan the summer holidays. A holiday by the beach is one of the best things to do in the hot months of summer. Sea and sand can definitely make your holiday fun and memorable. Choosing one among the number of beaches is a crucial task. To help you with it, we have created a list of beaches in the USA that are popular for the location, surrounding attractions and facilities. Here are the top 15 beaches in the United States.
1. Siesta Beach, Florida: The Siesta Beach has soft powdery white sand which is as smooth on the feet as feathers. It is called ‘The Best Sand Beach in America’ and is a crescent shaped beach which is edged by beautiful scenarios. You can enjoy fishing, surfing and shopping here. It is an ideal place to get acquainted to the marine world as well.
2. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina: Myrtle Beach in South Carolina is a 60 mile long stretch of golden sand and is the peak spot for beach lovers. You can indulge in activities like swimming, fishing and surfing. It also has celebrity designed golf courses! The beach has an amusement park, shops and restaurants.
3. Coronado Beach, California: The beach in California is a heart winning territory that spans in an area of 1.5 miles. It is nestled amidst the lush surrounding of Colorado Island and is a heaven decked with fine sparkling sand and pristine water.
4. Hanauma Bay Beach Park, Hawaii: Head to Hanauma Bay Beach for the best of Hawaii. It is located on the southeastern side of Oahu and has stunning white sand on the beach. If you like water sports like surfing and snorkeling, this is the pace to be. It is also one of the first beaches to have a ‘no smoking’ rule and it is considered as the best spot for snorkeling.
5. Coast Guard Beach, Massachusetts: Located on the seashore of Cape Cod, the beach is ideal for outdoor lovers. There are a number of activities like surfing, kayaking and snowboarding. The entire setting is beautiful and picturesque. You can enjoy swimming along its gentle waves but if you are planning for lengthy water dipping sessions, you should avoid the beach in summers as the temperature tends to be very high.
6. Old Orchard Beach, Maine: The popular Orchard Beach in Maine is most frequented and is easily accessible. The beach is open year round and is more like a backyard party with laid back vibes. You can stroll through the old pier to enjoy the sunset.
7. Ocean City Beach, Maryland: The Ocean City Beach is ideal for those who want to make the best of summers in an adventurous way. The beach stretches to about 10 miles and is filled with activities like surfing, kayaking, horseback riding and swimming. The beach is a lot of fun with numerous events that take place here every night.
8. Assateague National Seashore, Virginia: This is a beach full of golden sand and cheerful vibes. If you have heard anything about Virginia, you know about this beach. You will notice dorky galloping horses here which are fishermen’s horses who come here to fish. The visuals of this beach are breathtaking and there is a plethora of activities to indulge in.
9. Oval Beach, Michigan: Oval Beach is a destination that is far from mainstream yet has everything you need to enjoy your beach holiday. It lies on the Saugatuck area near Lake Michigan and is all about sparkling blues and sunny, sandy shores. You will be intrigued with the surrounding views offered by the beach. It is one of the best places to witness sunset in the state.
10. Coopers Beach, New York: The Coopers Beach lies at the end of Long Island and is one of the prominent beaches in the country. It has hundreds of visitors every day. It has soft and well maintained sand which is ideal for little walks. It is a very unusual beach in the city, which is why it is awesome.
11. Beachwalker Park, South Carolina: Beachwalker Park is settled in the Kiawah Island and is a paradise for nature lovers. It has lush area, amazing views and a ton of activities to do.
12. Cannon Beach, Oregon: The Cannon Beach is located in the North Western part of the US and has natural beauty and vivid surroundings. The beach spans an area of nine miles and is replete with plenty of attractions. You can enjoy fun activities like sunbathing, surfing and swimming.
13. Holly Beach, Louisiana: The beach is settled in the coastal area called Cajun River and is ideal for those looking for a good time away from the crowd. It is great for crabbing and fishing in addition to swimming and windsurfing. It is an ideal destination to spend an intimate weekend with family.
14. Hammonasset Beach State Park, Connecticut: The beach covers an area of more than two miles. It sits along the Long Island Sound and has a scenic coastal area with camping sites and endless exploration opportunities.
15. Rehoboth Beach, Delware: Rehoboth Beach has an iconic reputation among beach lovers. It is located in Delaware and has a peaceful atmosphere. It has a picturesque contrast of clear blue water and yellow sand which makes its beauty indescribable.
There are many more beaches in the USA but these top 15 are the first choice of beach and nature lovers. What are you waiting for? Plan your beach holiday now!