Are you tired of the famous and crowded destinations across the world? Looking for an offbeat travel experience? Move over from London and New York; explore some of the best and least known off beat destinations in the country.
1. Corumbau, Brazil : Located on Brazil’s east coast, the tiny fishing village has a minimal population of only 400. It is unexplored, uncrowded and a gorgeous destination. It is the best place to get away from the world and explore the sun and sand.
2. Ushuaia, Argentina : Ushuaia is the southernmost city in the world. It serves as a base for many Antarctic explorations and has some of the most spectacular sights. There are sights of the Martial mountain range and rides aboard the steam engine pulled train which is a must do.
3. Huacachina, Peru : This tiny destination lies amidst a vast desert. Also known as “Oasis of South America”, the little village makes for one hell of a destination for those who want to explore the unexplored.
4. Can Tho, Vietnam : Vietnam has turned into a crowded destination due to the increasing number of tourists visiting each year. For an authentic Vietnamese experience, head out to Can Tho. It is a place with slow paced life and features the floating market and the hot pot alley. It is a highly recommended destination if you love authentic Vietnamese food.
5. Antequera, Spain : The small town in Spain has only about 42,000 inhabitants and boasts a rock formation at the edge of the town. With narrow streets and white washed houses, Antequera is a must visit destination. The excellent Spanish cuisine and wine are a bonus here. Next time, skip Madrid and head to Antequera instead.
6. Sarlat-la-Caneda, France : The tiny town of 9,500 people has not changed for centuries. It is not just another travel experience but will make you feel like you are stepping out of a time machine. It carries an old world charm and is exceptionally different from the rest of France.
7. El Nido, Philippines : Whether you are looking for water sports or to simply lounge by the beach, this tropical paradise in Philippines will offer you a breathtaking experience. There are dense jungles, swift, shallow rivers and steep limestone cliffs that will impress you in no time. With the beach all by yourself, it does not get better than this.
8. Saba, Caribbean : Located in the Caribbean, Saba is called the ‘Unspoiled Queen’ of Caribbean. It consists of cliffs, oceans, hills and valleys. The island is still unnoticed by tourists and gives a unique experience of the Caribbean life. It has natural beauty and is a picturesque destination without the chaos caused by tourists. If you want to cut off from the world, head to Saba and soak in the beauty of the nature.
9. Pyin U Lwin, Myanmar : This unique destination in Myanmar has exquisite Victorian architecture and lies far away from the crowds of the rest of the Myanmar. It was a former summer capital of the British Raj and has stunning mountain vistas.
10. Wulingyuan, China : Move over Beijing and head to this unexplored destination which has natural stones and a hike through the area will feel similar from walking through an alien landscape. The destination will offer a unique experience and leave you spellbound.