Valentine’s Day is almost here and it is the perfect time to spoil your beloved with love and romance. The best gift you can give your loved one is to leave the town for a while and spend time in one of the most romantic holiday spots in the country. There are a number of options to choose from starting from well-known beach destinations to famous holiday destinations. Read on to find out more.
1. Udaipur: Considered as the ‘Venice of the East’, Udaipur has always been a favorite for romantic holidays. Surrounded by magnificent hills and serene lakes, Udaipur has an aura which will leave you spoilt. Take a boat ride on Lake Pichola and follow up with a romantic candle lit dinner at a lake facing restaurant. You can never go wrong with Udaipur!
2. Goa: The famous beach destination is ideal for beach lovers. You can choose to stay in the huts or one of the luxurious resorts in South Goa. Indulge in the happening night life or spend time by yourself at one of the serene, quiet beaches. You can also indulge in some adventure or simply take a walk by the beach and watch the sunset.
3. Kumarakom : Kerala is known for the scenic beauty and the fresh greenery. Only an hour long drive from Kochi, Kumarakom is a picturesque destination. There are a number of resorts offering couple retreat packages to help you rejuvenate. Spend a night in the houseboat and indulge in the mouthwatering delicacies served to you.
4. Havelock: Havelock has gained popularity recently. Untouched and uncrowded, Havelock is all about clear water and sandy beaches. The resorts will help you experience the beauty of this destination. You and your partner can simply lie on the beach and enjoy doing absolutely nothing.
5. Gulmarg: There is a reason why Kashmir still remains a favorite for honeymoon couples. The location is splendid and there is a unique vibe which will make you fall in love with the heavenly beauty of Kashmir. The valley looks beautiful throughout the year and you can indulge in a Gondola experience with your beloved. The memories of Kashmir will last you a lifetime.
6. Darjeeling: Considered as one of the best hill stations in India, Darjeeling is like no other. It is a distinct destination which is simple and innocent. A great place to spend a weekend with your loved one and walk through the tea plantations while watching the sunset.
7.Shillong: Shillong has exotic beauty and natural surroundings which make it a must visit. You can visit the waterfalls and walk in solitude under the clear sky. The uncrowded destination is all about romance and serenity.
8. Manali: Another favorite for romantic holidays, Manali is an ideal place to be with your special someone. Surrounded by hills and clear waters, you can simply soak in the beauty of this hill station. If you are lucky enough, you might be able to experience a snowfall which will make your Valentine’s Day even more special.
9. Gangtok: Known for spectacular views, Gangtok has deep valleys and the world’s highest peak, Kanchenjunga. Spend time at the famous wildlife sanctuary, Fambong La and visit ancient monasteries. Lie down under the nature and rekindle romance with your beloved. Gangtok is an ideal escape from the fast paced city life.
10. Ooty: The hill station in Nilgiris has mist covered mountains and lush green vegetation all around. With pleasant climate throughout the year, Ooty is a favorite for romantic holidays. Discover your love in the glory of nature and celebrate the special day with a romantic candle lit dinner.